The caring and competent staff at American Heritage Cemetery & Funeral Home Crematory believe that the women and men who answered the call of the nation truly embody the ideals held so dear by Americans. To their fellow citizens, the veterans of America have proven their devotion. We, as a nation, are grateful and owe them our devotion and respect, in return. For these reasons, and many more, we are proud to honor those who served.
About Our Funerals for Veterans
Regarding eligibility, who qualifies? An honorable discharge, if applicable, should be in place. Regarding service women and men who may apply for and receive burial benefits for veterans (if chosen, this would include full military honors), a more detailed list includes the following:
- Former discharged military members from the Selected Reserve. Discharge due to an in-the-line-of-duty aggravated or incurred disability.
- Former military members who completed a period of initial obligated service in the Selected Reserve or completed at least one term of enlistment in it. Under conditions other than dishonorable, they will have departed service.
- Former military members who left service under conditions not classified as dishonorable, who served on active duty.
- Military members in the Selected Reserve or on active duty.
How American Heritage Cemetery & Funeral Home Crematory Can Assist in Funerals for Veterans
We are humbled by those who choose us for the care of their departed veteran. For their service to our country, we express gratitude by being committed to providing honoring ceremonies that are deeply meaningful.
We can assist you in the following manner:
- Coordinate with state or national veterans’ cemeteries.
- Should a family request honors, we can coordinate necessary documentation provided by them.
- If any pre-existing funding benefits or paid preplanning is in place, we can confirm and coordinate them. Benefits issued by the Veterans Administration don't always cover everything.
- For all veterans’ benefits, we will complete applications. This includes a veteran memorial marker, Presidential Memorial Certificate, or Military Honors.
Additionally, when scheduling your veteran’s funeral/memorial service, you will receive the following:
- Online interactive memorial website.
- Use of automotive equipment.
- A memorial or funeral ceremony.
- Use of our mortuary staff and facilities for a gathering or visitation.
- Cremation services.
- Professional care and transfer of the deceased.
- The professional services of support staff and the Funeral Director.
- Additional options for personalization including a moving tribute video and specialized engraving.
Why Work with American Heritage Cemetery & Funeral Home Crematory for Funerals for Veterans?
Our thoroughly professional staff, caring, and compassion are well-known throughout the community. In the planning of military services, we have years of experience. Whether burial or cremation is chosen by the family (or the veteran themselves via orders they left with a trusted individual), we are proud and honored to assist with any involved details.
What's more, on Cemetery property, we offer special rates to our veterans.
Consider this your invitation to tour our beautiful sanctuary. If you would like, you can begin a discussion with one of our representatives. If you are looking for a funeral home/crematory that specializes in funerals for veterans, reach out to us today. Phone us at (432) 653-0643 or email us at [email protected]. We are available days a week, 24 hours a day. Rest assured – when you need us, we'll be here.